Lasagna is one of my favorite dishes, and I finally found a low carb recipe that brings all of your favorite flavors back to life without costing you calories or carbs. I adapted this recipe from Primavera Kitchen ‘s recipe for Chicken Zucchini Rolls. I didn’t have a mandoline to make thin zucchini slices, so I opted to layer the zucchini like lasagna noodles. Victory! Enjoy~
Chicken Zucchini Lasagna (Low Carb)
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 30 minutes (including chicken cook time) Bake Time: 45 minutes Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 cup chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 1.5 cup marinara sauce, divided
- 1.5 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 medium size zucchinis, rinsed and sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Set aside a 9 x 9 glass baking sheet.
- On the stove, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add chicken breasts (3-4 depending on size), and boil until cooked all of the way through. The temperature of the chicken should be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also use a crock pot or slow cooker to cook the chicken.
- After chicken has cooked, shred using two forks, or with a paddle attachment on your stand mixer.
- Add 1 cup marinara sauce to cooked chicken and mix thoroughly. Add in Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- On a cutting board, using a mandoline or a sharp knife, slice the zucchini lengthwise, making the slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- In the 9 x 9 pan, add about 2 tablespoons of the remaining marinara sauce to the bottom of the pan. Spread to cover the whole bottom of pan. Line the bottom of the pan with three slices of zucchini.
- Add some of the chicken mixture on top of the zucchini slices. Top with 2-3 more tablespoons of marinara sauce, and 2-3 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until you are out of chicken. For the top layer, you should finish with chicken, sauce, then cheese.
- Add the garlic salt and any other seasonings to the top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven about 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted completely.
Nutritional Facts (per one serving):
Calories: 264 Carbs: 6.8 g Fat: 9.7 g Protein: 33.5 g Fiber: 2.5 g Net Carbs: 4.3 g
Did you make this recipe? Tag me on Instagram and use hashtag #jens_baking_adventures_