Looking for that perfect low carb muffin to go with your keto chicken parmesan and zoodles? Look no further than here! These were very simple to throw together, and you’ll have to stop yourself from eating all of them in one sitting. If you want to stretch the recipe out more, use a mini muffin tin and freeze some for later!
Cheesy Garlic & Herb Muffins (low carb)
Servings: 12 Prep Time: 20 Minutes Bake Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes
- 6 tbsp melted butter, unsalted
- 6 cloves garlic, minced & divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp vital wheat gluten ( I use this brand)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 12-well muffin tin ( or mini muffin tin) and place on a large baking sheet. This is to catch any drips during baking.
- Heat the butter until melted and combine with 3 of the garlic cloves. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the eggs, sour cream, remaining garlic, and salt. Pulse until well combined. Add in the almond flour, baking powder, vital wheat gluten, cheddar cheese, and parsley. Pulse until well combined.
- Divide the batter in half. With a spoon, add half of the batter to the muffin tin. Next, make a small well in the center of each muffin.
- Divide the mozzarella cheese between the muffins and press into the center of each well. Add about a teaspoon of the garlic butter mixture to each muffin.
- Take the remaining batter and add to each muffin. Be sure to cover as much of the cheese as possible. Brush the tops of each muffin with the remaining garlic butter mixture and sprinkle with additional salt if desired. You may have leftover garlic butter.
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes, or until the tops are a nice golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Let muffins cool for about five minutes, then serve!
Store the muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week, or in the freezer for 2 months.
Nutritional Facts (per muffin): 300 calories, 7.3 g carbs, 3.1 g fiber, 26.8 g fat, 12 g protein, Net Carbs: 4.2 g
Did you make this recipe? Tag me on Instagram and use hashtag #jens_baking_adventures_