Here is my recipe for low carb French Toast Muffins! I’m so excited to share these with you all. Did you make this recipe? Tag me on Instagram and use hashtag #jens_baking_adventures_
French Toast Muffins
Servings: 6 Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz. full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vital wheat gluten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon granulated or powdered erythritol
- powdered erythritol, for dusting (optional
- sugar free maple syrup. I used this brand
- Heat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 12-well muffin tin.
- Combine eggs, cream cheese, heavy cream, granulated erythritol, and vanilla extract in a blender or food processor until ingredients come together.
- Add in almond flour, vital wheat gluten, cinnamon, and baking soda. Pulse until all ingredients are combined. Be sure to scrape down the sides of your blender or food processor.
- Pour the batter into the wells of the muffin pan, filling each almost to the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the muffin puffs up and is no longer runny in the middle.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Dust with powdered erythritol (if using) and maple syrup.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for 7 to 10 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave.
Calories: 354, Fat: 29.4 g, Carbs: 6.1 g, Protein: 15.4 g Fiber: 2.1 g Net Carbs per serving: 4 g