Here is my recipe for a low carb marinara sauce. This recipe can be used for a variety of different low carb dishes including zucchini pizza bites and low carb chicken parmesan. Did you make this recipe? Tag me on Instagram and use hashtag #jens_baking_adventures_
Marinara Sauce (Low Carb)
Servings: 15 Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 4 ounces Baby Bella Mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/2 medium White Onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. Half and Half
- 6 oz. Tomato Paste
- 14.5 ounces Diced Tomatoes
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a medium size stock pot, on medium heat, begin heating diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and chicken broth.
- Add in diced onion, mushrooms, and minced garlic. Continue to cook until onions and mushrooms are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add in half and half and stir until combined.
- Add in garlic salt, Italian seasoning, oregano, salt, and pepper. Continue to stir to prevent burning.
- Turn the heat down to low. Let simmer for five minutes, then add grated parmesan cheese.
- Continue to simmer until sauce thickens and reaches desired temperature.
- Serve on your favorite dish!
Leftover sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Calories: 30, Carbs: 4 g, Fiber: .7 g, Fat: .6 g, Protein: 1.7 g, Net Carbs: 3.3 g.