Every now and again I find the *need* to bake treats and goodies for large groups of people. My low carb recipes are not suited for large groups yet, so this recipe is full of sugar and yumminess and is perfect for the masses. I adapted this recipe from one I found online and it’s too good not to share. You can find the original recipe here. Did you make this recipe? Tag me on Instagram and use hashtag #jens_baking_adventures_
Strawberry Banana Puppy Chow
Servings: 16 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
- 10 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 20 oz. vanilla candiquik or almond bark
- 8 tbsp. banana pudding mix (sugar free works great too)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries, halved or quartered if necessary
- In a large mixing bowl, measure out the rice chex cereal.
- In a microwavable container, or in a double boiler, melt the almond bark or candiquik. If using the microwave, heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Add bandana pudding mix to the melted almond bark and mix until well combined.
- Pour the melted almond bark mixture over the rice chex, and stir with a spatula to cover completely.
- In the same bowl, or in a gallon freezer bag, combine the chex mix and the powdered sugar. If using the freezer bag, shake the bag until the powdered sugar completely coats the chex mix. (I recommend this method)
- Add in freeze dried strawberries and toss until combined.
Puppy chow stays fresh in a sealed container for up to a week. For this particular event, I went to the dollar store and got some cellophane treat bags and divided the puppy chow up into individual servings. This made it easier to distribute. Happy “baking”!