Regardless of what diet you’re on, I think that everyone deserves to be able to eat cookies! These cookies are perfect for getting your sweet fix for the day and not completely blowing your diet. Did you make this recipe? Tag me on Instagram and use hashtag #jens_baking_adventures_
Sugar Cookie Bars (Low Carb)
Servings: 12 Prep Time: 25 minutes Bake Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 50 minutes, plus cooling
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 1 large egg + l egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat fiber
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vital wheat gluten
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Make sure to leave some overhang for easy removal later.
- In a large bowl, using a stand or hand mixer, cream the softened butter on medium speed until smooth. With the mixer on medium speed, add the erythritol. Beat in egg, egg yolk, heavy cream, and vanilla until completely combined. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and vital wheat gluten. With the mixer running on low speed, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three parts. Do not over-mix.
- Add sprinkles and mix until just combined.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes, until the top of the dough is a golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. The middle of the bar may sink slightly. This is normal. Remove foil or parchment paper from pan. Cut into squares and serve!
Nutrition Facts: 186 Calories, 8.2 g Carbs, 1 g Fiber, 5 g Protein, 14.7 g Fat. Net Carbs per serving: 7.2 g
Do you want to make these gluten free? Use 1 teaspoon of cornstarch or xanthan gum instead of the vital wheat gluten and you’re good to go! Happy Baking!